Would you like the opportunity to do your best work in a community that provides compassionate, respectful care to children and adults with developmental disabilities? We are the Heinzerling Community and we have an exciting opportunity for a Resident Home Assistant.
We are looking for compassionate and dedicated caregivers to join our team! Are you passionate about caring for others? Do you find joy in engaging with people, supporting and encouraging them?
About our Organization
We are the Heinzerling Community, and we provide compassionate, respectful care to children and adults with developmental disabilities. We offer a wide range of services in a residential setting to support and care for children and adults with severe or profound developmental disabilities. We work to create a nurturing environment in which every resident has opportunities to learn, to have fun, to feel safe, and to make choices about what happens in their lives. Our dedicated staff is well-trained to provide the expertise, assistance, and support needed to help residents enjoy experiences
Over the past 60 years, the Heinzerling Community has cared for hundreds of individuals with severe and profound developmental disabilities, creating a Legacy of caring. Our mission is to provide a loving and nurturing environment that enriches the development, education and quality of life for these individuals. We are looking for people that share and believe in our mission and would like to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains general tidiness of the activity room, area kitchen and resident rooms including emptying diaper pails and trash
- Stock supplies and laundry in various areas of the unit
- Provides support to resident programming as determined by Unit Manager
- Participates in designated programs such as socialization, leisure activities, and sensory stimulation
- Attends to personal hygiene of residents after meals
- Prepares mealtime set-up for designated residents and makes bottles
- Properly uses and cares for each resident's adaptive and personal equipment
- Assists with operating mechanical lifts
- Maintains a safe, clean and healthful environment for residents and coworkers
- Uses acceptable language and tone of voice
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma; or High School Equivalence/General Educational Development (GED)
Heinzerling Community is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.